ERA Cell Phone Policy
- Students may use the school phone for emergency calls.
- Permission to use the phone should be secured from the office secretary or Administration.
- Parents may leave a message for a student by dialing the school number (303-655-0773). Except in cases of an emergency, messages will be delivered twice each day, at 10:30 a.m. and again at 2:30 p.m. In accordance with our No Rescue Policy, students may not call home to request forgotten homework and/or materials to be brought to school and all calls are limited to three minutes. Students who bring their own cell phones to school must follow school policy.
- Students may use their cell phones before/after school, during lunch and between classes. Cell phones are to be turned off or silenced, put away and not used during class time unless specifically allowed by the instructor. Students may only access their phones or headphones/ear buds with permission from the teacher. Any student caught using their phone (or someone else’s) during class time (in the classroom, hallway, or bathroom) or during school assemblies will give the cell phone to the instructor or Administrator.
- After the first offense, the student can retrieve the cell phone at the end of the day from the office.
- After the second offense, the parent/guardian must pick up the phone and a Friday School detention may be assigned.
- After the third offense, the above follows and the student will no longer be allowed to bring their cell phone to school. If they do, they must drop it off at the office before their first class begins and the student can pick it up at the end of the school day.
- If the student does not turn in the phone and is found in possession of one or someone else’s, further disciplinary consequences could occur, including but not limited to suspension.
- Eagle Ridge Academy is not responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. It is the responsibility of the student to follow the policy and keep their cell phone stored away and turned off or silenced during class, unless otherwise allowed by the teacher for academic purposes.