Online Learning Plan
2nd Quarter Update
Eagle Ridge Academy will continue to teach 100% online classes. We have added the option for families to opt-in to in-person Learning Pods where the student can come to school once a week to work on their assignments and receive in-person help from teachers.
1st Quarter Online Learning Plan
Expectations and Guidance explained for students
Chromebook Check Out Form
Please fill out the form in order to lease a chromebook from ERA. Once you have completed it, please call the school to arrange a pick-up time. (English form and Spanish form)
Available Help for Students:
- Virtual Office Hours: students can drop in during the teachers' scheduled time on Thursday and Fridays (see sessions below)
- Individual Help: students can email or call teachers anytime Tuesday-Friday to get help. They can arrange a Google Meet or get help through email.
- In-Person Help: is available for families who opted-in to the Learning Plan option for Quarter 2.
Our plan includes asynchronous learning, which means that students need to meet given deadlines set by teachers, but they can complete their work on their own time. They do not have to log-in with the bell schedule. Instead of the bell schedule, we have developed a session schedule to support student learning.
- Maroon Group (these students have core classes 1-4 period and elective classes 5-8 period, generally last name A - L)
- Gold Group (these students have elective classes 1-4 period and core classes 5-8 period, generally last name M - Z)
Students will sign-in every day (Tues-Fri) on the attendance form before 9:00 a.m. The form is located on the ERA website under the "Students" tab -> "Attendance-Online Learning". They only need to do this once per day (not per class). They must be signed into their student account in order to access the form.
For PRE-ARRANGED absences, please have the student complete this form (they will need to be logged into their ERA account in order to access it). Then, the following steps must also be taken:
1. Parent/Guardian needs to call/text or email the attendance line to notify ERA of the absence
2. Student needs to email all of their teachers to create a plan for make-up work.
Other Helpful Videos & Resources for Parents/Guardians:
- How to access Google Classroom for Parents
- How to set-up Infinite Campus Login for Parents
- Supporting Kids during the Corona Virus Pandemic - a helpful article from childmind.org
- Helpful technology & accessibility tips - includes contact information for help (English or Spanish version)
- Texthelp tools available to students (reading and writing supports available)
- 27J Schools Resource List for Families