21st Century Skills
Eagle Ridge’s program focuses on a content-rich, academically rigorous approach to education, with an intention to prepare students for the demands of college while creating exemplary citizens. To do so, Eagle Ridge Academy is centered on the Seven 21st century skills as mentioned by Tony Wagner.
Seven 21st Century Skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Agility and adaptability
- Initiative and entrepreneurial
- Oral and Written communication
- Accessing and analyzing information.
- Curiosity and imagination
At the center of this curriculum is a strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) program. The STEM program will provide an opportunity for interested students to receive an advanced start in careers such as architecture, engineering, medicine, science technology. All juniors at ERA partake in a STEM Fair during the first semester. This unique project allows students to utilize the content and instruction they have received in their courses and apply the scientific method in a creative way to solve a problem of their interest and choice. The overall winner of the STEM Fair receives a scholarship from the Warrior Alliance.
STEM Credit Offerings:
- 4 Credits of Science - Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Nutrition, Anatomy, Oceanography, Science and Technology, Geology, Forensics
- 4 Credits of Math - Foundations of Math, Algebra 1 and 2, Geometry, Statistics, Trigonometry and Pre-Calculus, Calculus 1 and 2
- 2.5 Credits of Technology - Robotics, Computer Discoveries, 3D Modeling, Video Game Programming, 3D Printing, Android Apps Development, Digital Presentations, Digital Media, Graphic Design, Digital Photography, Yearbook, Online Apps, Microsoft Applications for Business
Engineering Offerings (Electives):
- 1.5 Engineering credits - Robotics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering
Additionally, Eagle Ridge Academy provides a concurrent enrollment program through Front Range Community College which allows students to take college classes on the ERA campus. ERA's program also provides an opportunity for students to also pursue a well-rounded education in the arts and humanities. Graduation credits also include the following:
-4 credits of English, 4 credits of social studies, 1 credit in the arts, 1 credit in PE, 2 credits in Foreign Language, and additional elective credits in areas of interest.